The LM35 datasheet specifies that this ICs are precision integrated-circuit temperature sensors, whose output voltage is linearly proportional to the Celsius (Centigrade) temperature.
The LM35 thus has an advantage over linear temperature sensors calibrated in ˚ Kelvin, as the user is not required to subtract a large constant voltage from its output to obtain convenient Centi-grade scaling. The LM35 does not require any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies of ±1⁄4˚C at room temperature and ±3⁄4˚C over a full −55 to +150˚C temperature range.
- Calibrated directly in o Celsius (Centigrade)
- Linear + 10.0 mV/oC scale factor
- 0.5oC accuracy guaranteeable (at +25oC)
- Rated for full −55o to +150oC range
- Suitable for remote applications
- Low cost due to wafer-level trimming
- Operates from 4 to 30 volts
- Less than 60 µA current drain
- Low self-heating, 0.08oC in still air
- Nonlinearity only ±1⁄4oC typical
- Low impedance output, 0.1 Ω for 1 mA load