Multipattern serial lamps are now available at very low cost. These china make serial lamps circuit gives 8 pattern lighting like Combination, In Wave, Sequential, SLO-GLO, Chasing/Flashing, Slow-Fade, Twinkle/Flash, Steady On patterns etc. The same circuit can be used to drive four 40-60 Watts AC bulbs to decorate X mas stars.
The circuit is directly connected to AC lines. The PCB has a COB( Chip On Board) with a programmed ROM chip that generates multi patterns. The patterns can be automatic or can be selected through a push switch. The same chip can directly drive four 40-60 watts bulbs to decorate the Xmas stars. All the eight patterns will be generated in the bulbs giving an elegant display.
How to connect
1.Open the circuit board box and remove the PCB.
2. There will be 5 wires on one side and 2 wires on the opposite side of PCB.
3. The 2 wires are for AC lines (Phase and Neutral). This can be used either way round.
4. Out of the 5 wires on the other side, 4 wires are for lamps and the last one for Neutral.
5. Remove the wires and solder 4 colored wires for lamps and a green / black wire
6. Connect 2 Red wires for Phase and Neutral.
7. Solder 2 wires at the contacts of the switch soldered in the PCB and connect
the wires to a Push-to-On switch to select patterns.
8. Enclose the wired PCB in a shock proof case and connect the Lamps as shown in
9. Connect an AC plug to the wires for Phase and Neutral.
10. Do not use bulbs above 60 watts.
Caution: The circuit is extremely dangerous since its PCB is at mains lethal potential. Do not try the circuit if you are not experienced in handling 230 volt AC. Connect the circuit to AC lines only after enclosing it in a shock proof case. Do not touch or trouble shoot when the PCB is in the open condition.
Author and Electroschematics.com will not have any responsibility to causality, if the circuit is mishandled.